Here is a very powerful video from the Digital Media and Learning Research Hub that is guaranteed to make you think hard about learning, teaching, and schooling.
- we’re just now getting to the place in America where we realize it needs to be different everywhere, not just in some places
- we have to completely overhaul how we think learning happens, where it happens, and what people are capable of
- technology transformations show us the world is going to be different
- they are going to have to be more nimble and more proficient with technology to communicate and to learn, or they’ll be a new form of illiterate
- we no longer live in a world where you can only write and read text and you will be successful
- we have to teach these new literacies and then let kids be creative in how they express themselves with these literacies
- schools always have been about ‘the right answer’
- now we care more about how kids find information, think about information, communicate information (Source: http://dangerouslyirrelevant.org/2012/11/5-videos-on-connected-learning-from-the-digital-media-and-learning-research-hub-videos.html#)
Connected Learning: 'CREATIVE' from DML Research Hub on Vimeo.